the super dooper New SAT
omg! i'm so glad i'm not a high schooler anymore. i swear, the new SAT is hecka nuts. As if the 25 -min essay is not bad enough (how the heck are we supposed to write something insightful, well-developed, loaded with appropriately impressive vocab in less than 30 mins?!), they've added all this grammar correction and other weird stuff. In fact, it's a completely separate section that's worth another 800 points...so the total score for the SATs is now 2400 plus the essay. how confusing!
I seriously feel like I'm learning a new language! I only barely remember learning about nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs, but subjunctive moods, antecedents, and present/past/future perfect tenses?? Where did they come from? ack! And semicolons? Personally, i see no reason for their existence. Periods work just as well, imo.
I seriously feel like I'm learning a new language! I only barely remember learning about nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs, but subjunctive moods, antecedents, and present/past/future perfect tenses?? Where did they come from? ack! And semicolons? Personally, i see no reason for their existence. Periods work just as well, imo.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home