Bible in a Year
I'm currently on a mission to read the BIAY (my abbreviation for Bible in a Year). I've gotta admit that I've never actually read through the entire Bible and recently, my lack of knowledge of many bible stories has finally made me want to do something about it. I've tried before, but I never got very far, but this time I've got a plan! I've printed out a schedule that I really like. I read a portion of the Old Testament, Psalms, Proverbs & New Testament everyday. That way I won't get bogged down in the OT & Psalms...which can be harder to read (at least for me)...especially reading all the Psalms in one big chunk! ack! So...what's the news? I'm almost at day 100! yippee! (This calls for a celebration!) And although, it's rather slow going at times (ie. Leviticus was pretty tough with all the different kinds of offerings and laws and stuff!) I'm really looking forward to getting through the books of Moses (a.k.a. the Pentateuch, the Torah or the first 5 books of the OT). I'm in Deuteronomy now (book 5). yippee! Just wanted to share this with lots of ppl so that it won't be as easy for me to give up this time. altho, so far so good! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home