it's no longer a 秘密

Sunday, June 05, 2005

I wish there was some way to slow down time...

Man. Things have been so hectic lately!

This week, my dad and my cousin's kid came in and sadly, the nice, comfortable all-female household that i had enjoyed so much has disappeared. And with my cousin's kid's arrival, more responsibility is put on me...cuz the duty of helping him prep for SATs, find an SAT prep class, etc. has fallen on my shoulders. And every time I attempt to move it to someone (say, my dad for instance!)...it falls back to me. Grrr. I wanna help him of course, but I feel like everyone's taking my time for granted and expecting me to have all this free time to help out when I don't!

My sis has also started working on her invitations. So while I was watching a DVD yesterday, I was also stamping envelopes. I LOVE self-adhesive stamps!! Whoever came up with that was BRILLIANT! :) Anyhow, today, we (my mom, sis & i) worked in an assembly-line to fill out the RSVP cards, stuff the envelopes and address the invitations. I think we're 1/4 done. Yippee!

I was called in to substitute for a Math Tutoring class (just helping kids with their homework) last minute last week and got my first taste of what it'd be like. Dude...I REALLY don't remember trig. and i'm SOOOO thankful that there weren't any calc students there! Thank goodness I wasn't the only tutor though! Since the kids were prepping for finals, there were more of them, so there was another tutor too. So whenever I wasn't sure, I called him over. There was one girl that was working on algebra and I was very happy to field her every question. :) But tutoring/teaching really ain't that easy! I mean...i realized yet again how hard it is to explain something until she got it...things that i totally take for granted. Like, (x-3)/3, can't be simplified into (x/3) - 3, but 20x/5 = 4x. It took a while. And what's really funny is that I hadn't even brought a pencil with me! So I had to borrow from the students when I wanted to explain something! haha Ah well...at least I got my first taste of tutoring.

One of my mom's friends knows the principal of a Chinese-run cram school, so she referred me to them and I got called into interview. At first, I didn't think it'd pan out because they didn't like the fact that I didn't have experience and they really wanted Chem/Bio teachers more than SAT teachers. But, this weekend, I got a call asking if I was interested in teaching 3 high schoolers Java! So I might become a teacher after all. But I'm a little intimidated having to prepare a syllabus and all that jazz. And I really hope I don't have to make up projects from scratch. I don't even know how to set up an environment for them! ick. What a pain.

Hrm...what else have I been up to? I've been researching for the Miami trip, and I've found a bunch of restaurants/places I can't WAIT to try when we're there!! I don't know why I'm so obsessed with food. Which is why all my diets fail before they even begin. Planning for my sister's bridal shower has started to ramp up as well. I'm getting pretty excited about it cuz it's shaping up nicely and I think it'll be fun. And I'm working on the menu too...hee hee...

I really need to set up a log for how I spend my time so I know how to answer ppl when they ask. btw, the more I think about it, the more I wonder if I should just return to my old job and putz around there instead of at home cuz the pay there is much much better! i think i'd give everyone a heartache if i actually do return. i hear a co-worker is so sure i won't be going back, that he promised to quit if i do! haha :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home