I'm a teacher!
I'm now officially a teacher! I had an interview this morning with one of the parents to go over the syllabus I'd prepared. And I got the job. I mean..she wasn't thrilled that I've never taught before, but I think the words Cal EECS & Intel helped. Actually, it turns out that she works for HP at Cupertino in the same building (but on the floor above) that I used to work at!!! So she knows all about how my dept got sold to Intel. :) What a small world. Oh yeah. And both of the students go to Lynbrook too. And class starts June 23! So now I've gotta start putting together lectures, homeworks and projects! I'm a little intimidated about having to lecture!! ack. I remember falling asleep thru nearly every lecture I ever attended. So that won't be fun if it happens to me (but it'd serve me right i guess). I'm not even sure if I can talk about Java for 16-24 hrs total! I'll be looking online for ideas and material to "borrow". But YAY! now i'll find out for sure if teaching's for me. And at the same time, i'll be making some extra $$. Wish me luck! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home