it's no longer a 秘密

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Newbie

Dude. today was my first day back and it was....T-O-U-G-H!

First off, I discovered that vultures have picked my cube dry and things that I need...like the power adapter to my laptop and having my workstation hooked up correctly, etc. were just not there. I had to crawl under the desk countless times hooking things back up as well as finding out where to get extra parts, etc. (And of course, I got all dressed up for my first day back and was wearing heels and everything!)

Then, i tried to follow the directions on the letter received for returning from leave. But that required web access and, of course, I've completely forgotten my passwords, plus, i'm sure they've all been deactivated from lack of use. So I called to get my password reset and discovered I can't do that cuz I'm officially still on leave according to HR! So then I call them up to tell them i'm back and find out I was supposed to do this 2-3 days before returning (even the letter says "on the day of your return") because it takes 24-48 hrs to propagate through the system. So in short, I had no access to the internet all day.

Next, I sit down with my pseudo-manager. I say this because apparently, I'm still under my old manager in Irvine! The manager in santa clara is trying to get me back, but apparently it's not going to be very easy since both teams are short-handed as it is. So when I asked when and how possible would my "return" to the local team be....i was basically told that it's what they want, but it's going to be hard and they've got no idea when.

On top of ALL that, I find out that they're sending me to Irvine on Monday!!!! For 2 days!!!!!!! And I don't really feel like I had much choice, since I just got back and I really don't think I have the option of politely refusing. But GEEZ...talk about no notice and majorly screwing me over. i am SO not looking forward to having to go down and face the wolves all by myself. WAAaah. Especially since they seem to think that all I need is those 2 days to finish some assignment they have for me. In fact, that's sorta how it felt all day today! People kept talking about all this work stuff that apparently I'm supposed to remember from a year ago. ACK.

And this all happened before lunch! At lunch, I was grilled about when Exactly I returned from taiwan. And after all this, I had to go tutor SAT Math after work...and I was 30 mins late (on account that i have no clock in my cube since my computer don't work and a co-worker was trying to get me up to speed so i wasn't looking at the time). But thankfully, the student was late too...later than me in fact! :) So now it's 9:20pm and it's totally time to EAT...so FORGET about working out tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home