Firefly fans unite!
I don't think I've mentioned this yet...but the Firefly tv series is really great! I really recommend it. Serenity (the movie based on Firefly) opened recently and my bro & I went to watch it and it was good. I really hope they come out with the series again or at least another movie!
So for those who don't know (where have you been?!), Firefly was a tv series created by Joss Whedon (of Buffy & Angel) that was on FOX a few years ago but got cancelled halfway thru cuz of lack of viewership. People say the genre is sci-fi western...but i think that's really misleading cuz i don't particularly like sci-fi's or western's. So don't let that drive you away. The story's the real draw for me. It's like a david & goliath story and the little guy won't give up his fight for freedom from the big, bad conglomerate (aka the Alliance). I'm probably not doing justice to the storyline here...check out the official websites (firefly & serenity). The plot summary is under firefly->the dvd link and read the sidebar for the synopsis.
If you're wondering if you should watch the tv series before the movie..I'd say that if you have the time, do it. but don't skip out on Serenity just because you haven't seen Firefly. I know ppl who saw the movie first and they still understood what was going on. But I definitely recommend watching the whole thing to fully appreciate the story...who the characters really are, how they all met, etc.
So for those who don't know (where have you been?!), Firefly was a tv series created by Joss Whedon (of Buffy & Angel) that was on FOX a few years ago but got cancelled halfway thru cuz of lack of viewership. People say the genre is sci-fi western...but i think that's really misleading cuz i don't particularly like sci-fi's or western's. So don't let that drive you away. The story's the real draw for me. It's like a david & goliath story and the little guy won't give up his fight for freedom from the big, bad conglomerate (aka the Alliance). I'm probably not doing justice to the storyline here...check out the official websites (firefly & serenity). The plot summary is under firefly->the dvd link and read the sidebar for the synopsis.
If you're wondering if you should watch the tv series before the movie..I'd say that if you have the time, do it. but don't skip out on Serenity just because you haven't seen Firefly. I know ppl who saw the movie first and they still understood what was going on. But I definitely recommend watching the whole thing to fully appreciate the story...who the characters really are, how they all met, etc.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home